200 RYT Meditation & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
“Coming Home” 2020/21
(Due to COVID-19 – this program is delayed. Best to email for notification as we only accept 6 students.)
The 200 Hour Meditation & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is a comprehensive program, purpose-built for aspiring teachers and serious students who wish to take their understanding of meditation and yoga to a new level. This is your opportunity to join a spiritual journey that will transform your life. A program designed on personal practice and inquiry, as it was meant to be.
We take a very methodical approach and fuse it with your own inner creativity to access the higher limbs of yoga. This is indeed a Yoga Teacher Training…and we will include all the aspects of yoga in the training that align with Yoga Alliance (Yogic Anatomy, Philosophy, Humanities and Ethics, etc). The difference with this program and Hatha Yoga 200 RYT program is we’ll advance into soft, gentle Restorative postures that advanced yogis and new yogis seek. You will depart with the knowledge and ability to teach to ALL radiant beings.
- FAMILY …our programs create a deep friendship of spiritual family and harmony. Learn with the same small group throughout the entire program.
- LINEAGE… your lead instructor embraces direct lineage to disciple teachings. Learn authentic & effective practices.
- ADAPTIVE… all our programs were the first in the area to incorporate adaptive and trauma informed practices. Learn to teach from a vibrant heart.
- EXPERIENCED.… your lead instructor, Sandy Hicks posses over 45 years of lineage experience and trainings. Learn what works.
- LIFE… we live it, and so can you. Learn how to incorporate your meditation practice into your daily life from a teacher with decades of experience.
- CONNECTION...because learning “online” will limit you. The reason for stress is a sense of separation. Connect with like minds and energy.
- DEMYSTIFY …knowledge of ancient texts, the subtle body and learn to articulate yoga philosophy. Learn non-diluted techniques.
- RESTORE… its time to slow down and be with life. Learn extremely effective Restorative Yoga postures and marry it up with your Meditation practices.
- NAVIGATE …the business of yoga and meditation to attract abundance of heart. Learn to live what you love and love what you live.
- TEACH…the best teacher is one that arrives as an empty vessel. Fill up, and share. You may simply attend for your own knowledge and evolve-ment.
Join us on this transformational journey, as you deepen your personal practice and develop the essential teaching skills to bring the wisdom of Meditation and Restorative Yoga to your community. A full rounded program accredited by National Yoga Alliance. Our unique and in-depth 200 hour Meditation and Restorative Teaching certificate will enhance your personal practice while cultivating essential teaching skills and expert knowledge, so that you can step out and share these practices. (Guided Imagery Meditation is not yogic meditation. We will learn direct lineage practices developed for transcendence).
Next session: On Hold
- General Times:
Fridays – 5:30 – 9:00pm. (only 2 will be required)
Saturdays – 11:30 – 8:00pm
Sundays – 11:00 – 7:30pm
Flexible personal one on one time with the Lead Instructor is required.
- Last Weekend Intensive: Extended time required. (Note: 3 of these weekends require an extra 2-3 hours before or after for required & fun workshops)
- Notes from the Director: While early in registration, we can shift dates if you have a conflict. Must be agreed with all other registrants. I have personally been in small group trainings (6-12) and large ones (18+). The ability to learn productively, manifest spiritually and deeply bond arrives within a smaller group. Personalized care is key at Grounded by Yoga. Each student grows at their own pace, and this allows for individual attention as needed. I never felt ready to teach from the heart until I experienced a more intimate setting, so this is what we deliver.
- Above schedule does not include required flexible practice time, and homework assignments. Our program is fully approved by the Yoga Alliance and is equivalent to over 210 hours.
Some of our faculty may include….
Sandy Hicks, RYS Interdisciplinary Yoga
Randhir, RYS Kundalini
Dr. Ted Barnett, Nutrition for Brain
Damodar Das, Bhakti Yoga
Sue Spencer, Dharana Yoga
Below is a very general outline of our Yoga Teacher Training. (note: This is not inclusive. Our program includes many experiential components as well. Should you have any questions, please call 585-861-YOGA or sign up for one of our info sessions)
- Postures (modern yoga postures & traditional)
- Practice and Teaching postures
- Health Benefits
- Trauma Awareness / Techniques
- Interdisciplinary/ Direct lineage teachings so that we can truly meet students where they are and most importantly – yourSelf.
- Effective start and class endings
- Teaching Beginners, Gentle, Mixed Levels
- Teaching Adaptive Yoga (Teacher From The Heart)
- Proper Hands on Assists for deepening awareness
- Sequencing- How, When, Why
- Proper Environment & Creating a Sacred Space
- Workshop Process
- Trauma and Adaptive Yoga Your teacher is certified in these topics.
- Finding your personal style and teaching from the depths of your Heart
- Strong emphasis on the 4 paths of yoga
- Keeping spirituality alive inside and out
- Kriyas and Bandhas
- Yogic Anatomy (Gross & Subtle)
- Yoga History
- Conscious Language
- Private Yoga or Studio Management /Ownership (we will vote on our choice or do both!)
- Yoga Nutrition
- Yoga Philosophy
- Intro to Sanskrit Language
- Importance of Transcendence (Beyond Buddhism – Mindfulness)
- Experiences in Meditation
- Modern Day Lineage/Styles • Kundalini Yoga • Yin Yoga • Iyengar Yoga • Ashtanga/Vinyasa Style • Sivananda Yoga
- Prenatal Basics
- Yoga Dilution and its Prevention
- Disconnecting to Connect
- Business Ethics and Marketing Your Self or Your Yoga Business
- National Yoga Alliance
- Yoga on and off the Mat
Quizzes are delivered to allow me to help in your growth and understanding. 80% required for teaching certificate.
Sometime prior to my yoga teacher training with Sandy at Grounded by Yoga, I had tremendously high expectations. I know yoga teachers and through their advice concerning their own trainings, and my own research and practice, I knew this was the place to be. You have completely fulfilled my high hopes and I couldn’t be happier with the great deal of knowledge I acquired throughout this training. The width of topics covered including philosophy, anatomy, Sanskrit, asana, assisting, history, business, and much more, were so thoroughly and carefully taught that it actually amazes me how did you effectively be able to do all that to us?? What I came away with most is the wisdom and resources I need to continue to read, learn, and grow, into an experienced yoga teacher. I am extremely happy with this program and feel truly proud to be able to call myself a graduate of this fine school.” ~ Jennifer
WOW where do I begin? Sandy, you really go above and beyond what I think is expected and it shows! Each one of us experienced a transformation and bond that is just amazing!!! LOVED all the workshops and guest teachers, please tell them how grateful I am to have been in their presence as well as yours and my fellow ‘kulas’! I will be moving out west soon, and what a feeling and joy to know have incredible vast of tools to use to create extraordinary class experiences for people. i can’t thank you enough….I just can’t. ~ Mary
Dear Sandy, my whole world is brighter, my life is clear, and I feel so complete for the first time in 38 years. I have enjoyed knowing you and the fact that you give mentorship for free indefinitely is a blessing and a generous gift. I may never need it, but the support you offer is a good feeling. Thank you for EVERYTHING, you deserve so much Sandy. Will miss this group and YOU!!!! ~ Kathy
A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course. Training to be a yoga teacher requires dedication and faith in the process of yoga. If you do not have a current practice, but are simply interested in deepening your knowledge, you may apply as well and will receive a special certificate. For teaching certification, you must posses a regular practice before and during the program. (GBY will offer discounted passes if desired). The practice and teaching of yoga demand a high degree of self-discipline and purity. Let’s remember, hatha yoga was created for the injured body, not the perfect body. In this hatha yoga laced program, we welcome all bodies, ages, and so on.
|Tuition||If paid in full by:|
|$2875||December 31st, 2019|
|$2975||January 20, 2020|
|$3075||February 20, 2020|
|$3175||March 20, 2020|
|$3275||April 20th, 2020|
|$3375||May 20th, 2020|
|$3475||After May 20th, 2020|
- Payment Plans: At full tuition price of $3475 plus monthly statement fee $10. 75% of tuition must be paid by August 1st, 2020. At the time of application, $500 deposit and $95 application fee required. If by chance is application is not approved, your $500 deposit will be refunded. Feel free to call if you have any pre-application concerns!
- Terms of Agreement/Refund Policy must be reviewed and agreed upon.
- Student additional costs: Some books (approx $175), Workshops (approx $25-$30 total), Continuation of your regular practice (GBY will offer discounted memberships is desired) Yoga Alliance certificate (45, if desired and is payable 6 weeks prior to graduation).
- Seeking to compliment a previous training you may have had or qualify for a partial scholarship? Please contact us after May 20th for details. One each will be distributed and based on a first come first serve approval basis. Note: misused scholarships will be voided and collectible.
- All applications will be responded to within 48-72 hours of required items submitted. Thank you trusting your new beginnings with us, we look forward to guiding you.
- This training is limited to a small group of students. This enables personal guidance, a warm welcoming experience and no one getting lost in the shuffle
- You may submit online or email us for a printable one to mail through post office.
- Refund Policy Timely refunds have a $450 admin fee. No refunds within 45 days of program start or 30 days after Application & Deposit. The application process will require you to review and accept refund/graduation policy. Click fro complete details.