"Healing Through Stillness"
The less you do, the more you really live.
Grounded by Yoga uses very specific supported yoga postures, pranayama and meditative techniques, and other elements to create a profound sense of floating & relaxation.
Unique program in this part of the state. Expect to create an experience, not just a class.
Restorative Yoga techniques are helpful in the treatment of nervous system disorders, such as insomnia, hypertension, anxiety, and general stress. When the body is fully supported with well-placed blankets, bolsters, blankets, sandbags and more, it will naturally relax, releasing deeply held tensions, and clearing the path to clarity.
Yoga Sutra 2.46 tells us our postures should be ease-ful and with comfort to find that deep and natural peace within.
This Level 1 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training may be used to explore in your own field; perhaps offer to your staff at work, or to your friends and loved ones or simply a wonderful tool for yourself and your family. Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to create, guide and practice a customized Restorative Yoga practice for themselves and others.
YOGA ALLIANCE CEU’s – 25.
Not a Yoga Teacher? You can still apply for our “Healing through Stillness” certificate.
Restorative Yoga Trainings are also offered as a semi-private or private format at an elevated tuition.
Level 2 Advanced Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is offered to alumni of this program only.
- Saturday, March 20, 2021 @ 12:45-8:45pm
- Saturday, March 27, 2021 @ 12:45-8:45pm
- Wednesday, May 19th 2021 @ 5:30-7:30pm (optional Satsang/Roundtable)
Sandy Hicks, RYS 500, Restorative Yoga Certified 100 Hours
- 40 Hours Judith Lasater program with Dipki facilitating 2008
- 60 Hours Advanced one on one with Mazayla 2008
Sandy has developed a highly effective and healing program by combining the most effective tools from each of her own trainings as well as student feedback. She has taught over 200 Restorative Yoga Classes, both privately and publicly. The first 15 were offered pro bono as she gathered even deeper information and tools by openly discussing with each student their experience. Sandy felt that it was and still is important to continue to teach public/private classes to continue to gather the wave of each universal body, mind and spirit and continue to incorporate into her Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Program. “My understanding goes beyond any words or books and is felt in every cell of my being. My offering comes from a place of wakefulness meditative state now. “ ~ Sandy
This session includes:
- Teaching Practicum, Feedback Processing, Testing (Written and Practicum)
- Learning what Restorative Yoga is
- Learning what Restorative Yoga is Not
- Utilizing a wide Range of Props
- Observing the body and making skillful propping decisions
- Creating Proper Sequencing for Special Needs
- Contraindications, Special Concerns
- Appropriate Grounding Touch
- Creating a Sacred Space
- Proper Positioning in Each Pose
- Anatomy as it pertains to Restorative Yoga
Note: Assignments will be given 45 days to complete. Written assignment submissions become property of Grounded by Yoga, reviewed and constructively discussed as needed.
Non RYT’s will be provided with a “Healing Through Stillness” certificate. RYT’s need to supply their Yoga Alliance number and will be provided a CEU certificate “Restorative Yoga Training”
I am completely moved by the compassion and knowledge you showed in the Restorative Yoga training. I feel completely ready to deliver this offering and am thankful for you Sandy! You are Amazing!! ~ Janelle
I can’t say enough about the past weekend. I never wanted to leave! I look forward to doing more trainings with you Sandy, you have such insight and wisdom that is going to go a long way with me. ~ Michelle
The time we shared was very precious and I appreciated your discipline so much. The class had a great flow and I knew from the start I was in a loving place. Learning to teach Restorative Yoga was a true blessing to me. ~ 2019 Graduate
- A desire to share stillness and nurturing to others. We welcome all – new and experienced yoga teachers as well as health professionals, including doctors, nurses, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, mental-health professionals, counselors, body workers, mind-body fitness instructors, health coaches, and others working in healing, helping, and teaching professions.
- A meditation practice is a requirement for this program.
- Please be sure you have experienced a full (2 hours or more) Restorative Yoga session by a Certified Restorative Yoga Teacher at Grounded by Yoga.
- Ability to obtain appropriate royalty free music if you do not hold a music license
- Know Sanskrit terminology for poses (or be willing to learn them through our time together – you can do it!)
Note: Non RYT’s will be provided with a “Healing through Stillness” certificate. RYT’s need to supply their Yoga Alliance number and will be provided a CEU certificate “Restorative Yoga Training”
Practicum is also required and although you do not need to bring any props to our training, you will need props for your practicum and to teach restorative yoga in your future.
- Tuition: $620 (25 CEU’s)
- Application fee: $95 includes Yoga Alliance CEU Certificate Fee & and Workbook.
- Former 200RYT/500RYT Alumni receive 10% off within 2 years of their graduation.
- Non RYT’s will be provided with a “Healing Through Stillness” certificate. RYT’s need to supply their Yoga Alliance number and will be provided a CEU certificate “Restorative Yoga Training”
You are welcome to use GBY’s large supply of props during this program. However, for your practicum, please know that you will need to have your own double set. Sandy can assist with best places to obtain props. She also has a wholesale for life status with a supplier.
This training is limited to 8 students.
- You may submit online or request a application to be mail. Mail to: Grounded By Yoga 8901 Belcher Rd. Bloomfield, NY 14469
- Refund Policy: Eligible refunds have a $125 admin fee. No refunds within 45 days of program start or after 30 days of payment.
- Make Up Policy: Due to the shortness of the program and that it is an immersion, no make-up sessions can be allowed. If you miss any part of the program, or deadline for practicum is not met, student will need to re-apply. (It is also crucial to the program that we have even number of beings…..so we need you! Finding space, time and readiness in our lives is key before restoring others.)
- No payment plans are permitted for this program. Application/Payment secures your space. Should your application be declined, GBY grants a 100% refund.