200 RYT Yoga Teacher Training (In Person)
“Teaching From the Heart S.P.I.R.I.T. Program™”
Join our School of the Multi-Dimensional Self us for our 18th Yoga Teacher Training! (Hatha Yoga simply refers to the Yoga of Movement)
A TIMELESS PROGRAM FOR A TIMELESS PRACTICE.
This is not an online program. Personal interaction of heartfelt energy and transformation occurs in person as well as reaching the real depths of yoga.
- November 25th, 12:30pm or
- December 26th, 4:00pm or
- January 29th, 11:30am
Our S.P.I.R.I.T. program is designed to for your own inner quest or to share & teach to others.This is your opportunity to join a spiritual journey that will transform your life whether you decide to teach or simply to learn. A program designed on personal practice and inquiry, as it was meant to be. Your environment during the program is one that is closed to the public – you will be with the same colleagues along the way – this ensures an incredible, unbreakable bond with your spiritual group during the program and for life, as well as provides a safe, stable ground for our growth. You will be fully supported by dedicated colleagues & faculty,
Grounded by Yoga has adapted our unique S.P.I.R.I.T. Program™ as follows
Let Your Journey Begin
Our next Program expects to fill very fast. Limited to 8-10.
(Limited enrollees for best personalized learning experience)
- Sept 9 – Oct 7 (Official Start with book reading / Final Enrollments)
- Oct 8 – Nov 5th (Flex time hours online at your own pace and time with our Private Web Board)
(The rest of the program is in person. Learn from heartfelt energy & community)
- November 9,11,12 (Nov 9th is evening only 5:30-9:00pm)
- December 2, 3 & 16, 17
- January 20,21
- February 3, 4 & 17, 18
- March 2,3 & 16,17
- March 23,24 (possible Friday the 22nd 4-9 – will advise first weekend together)
• Thursday November: 10th 5:30 – 9pm
• Saturdays: 11:30 – 8:00pm
• Sundays: 11:00 – 7:30pm
• Flexible personal one on one time with the Lead Instructor may be required and Friday March 24th may be required from 4-9pm
- Our Final weekend extended time
- Two or Three of our other weekends will require an extra few hours and shall be announced on our first weekend.
- Flexible practice time, and homework assignments
- Your public practice needs to be in place before and continue during (in person classes only – videos/Zoom omit the most critical aspects of Yoga, the energy, the assists, and connection of heart and desire to be truly present for you). This is NOT an online Training.
Notes from the Director
I have personally been in small group trainings (6-10) and large ones (16+). The ability to learn productively, manifest spiritually and deeply bond arrives within a smaller group is profound. Personalized care is key at Grounded by Yoga. Each student grows at their own pace, and this allows for individual attention as needed. I never felt ready to teach from the heart until I experienced a more intimate setting, so this is what we deliver.
Our program is fully approved by the Yoga Alliance and is equivalent to 210 hours and are aligned with their NEW standards.
Note: Should we go on lockdown for pandemic reasons, program will continue when its lifted.
(This page is dedicated to our Group Training. If you are seeking a private, flexible one on one training please email Sandy. Private Cost is $7777.00)
(note: This is not inclusive. Our program includes many experiential components as well. Should you have any questions, please call 585-861-YOGA or sign up for one of our info sessions)
- About Postures (modern yoga postures & traditional)
- Practice and Teaching postures & Pranayama
- Health Benefits
- Trauma Awareness / Techniques (Includes extra PTSD info via research assignment)
- Interdisciplinary/ Direct lineage teachings so that we can truly meet students where they are and most importantly – yourSelf.
- Yoga Nidra discussion as a state of consciousness (what it IS & ISN’T)
- Effective start and class endings
- Teaching Beginners, Gentle, Mixed Levels
- Teaching Adaptive Yoga (Teaching from The Heart)
- Proper Hands on Assists for deepening awareness
- Sequencing- How, When, Why
- Proper Environment & Creating a Sacred Space
- Workshop and / or Theming Process
- Finding your personal style and teaching from the depths of your Heart
- The 4 paths of yoga to enlightenment
- Keeping spirituality alive inside and out
- Advancing Pranayama
- Kriyas and Bandhas
- Yogic Anatomy (Gross & Subtle)
- Yoga History Overview and “seeing the pattern”
- Conscious Language
- Private Yoga or Studio Management /Ownership (we will vote on our choice or do both!)
- Yogic Nutrition
- Yoga Philosophy
- Intro to Sanskrit Language
- Importance of Transcendence (Beyond Buddhism / Mindfulness)
- Experiences in Meditation
- Modern Day Lineage/Styles experience & overview • Kundalini Yoga • Yin Yoga Iyengar Yoga • Ashtanga/Vinyasa Style • Sivananda Yoga. “Using the Tools” of these modern day lineages.
- Prenatal Basics
- Yoga Dilution and its Prevention
- Disconnecting to Connect
- Business Ethics and Marketing Your Self or Your Yoga Business
- National Yoga Alliance
- Yoga on and off the Mat
- Quizzes are delivered to allow to help in your growth and understanding. 80% required for teaching certificate.
|Tuition||If paid in FULL by|
December 31, 2022
January 31, 2023
February 28, 2023
March 31, 2023
April 30, 2023
May 30, 2023
After June 1, 2023 (if room)
|$3475||if opting for payment plan.|
Student additional costs:
- Application fee $95
- Some books (approximately $175 – you may purchase used books on the internet)
- Workshops $30 total
- Continuation of hatha-relevant practices with an RYT (GBY will offer 25% off memberships if desired)
- Yoga Alliance wall certificate if desired: $45
- Trainee Insurance (approx $75)
- Make-ups are $95/hour and need to be made up prior to next session or you may be asked to withdraw. This is a Yoga Alliance “time session”.
- Receive 10% off the very next Restorative Yoga or Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- Receive updates (protocols, laws etc) as long as you are Yoga Alliance member and signed up for their newsletter.
- If you are a teacher at GBY, receive mentor-ship in any way and especially with therapeutic/special concerns
- Yoga Alliance Registration for up to 11 months after graduation. After 11 months – a written test is required ($75)
- Records are maintained for a period of 2 years from date of application.
- CPR and first aid training hours cannot be counted toward satisfying the minimum YTT curriculum hours or Continuing Education Contact Hours. Yoga Alliance suggests CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and first aid training for all RYT’s
Within two weeks of application tuition is due or payment agreement is due.
- Sandy Hicks, RYS Lead Teacher
- Sarib Shakti Kaur Kundalini Yoga
- Dr. Ted Barnett, Yogic Nutrition
- Damodar Das, Bhakti Yoga / Language of Yoga
- Sue Spencer, RYT, Dharana Yoga
A high degree of self-motivation and discipline is required for all aspects of the course. Training to be a yoga teacher requires dedication and faith in the process of yoga. If you do not have a current practice, but are simply interested in deepening your knowledge, you may apply as well and will receive a special certificate. For teaching certification, you must posses a regular practice before and during the program. (GBY will offer discounted passes if desired). The practice and teaching of yoga demand a high degree of self-discipline and purity. Let’s remember, hatha yoga was created for the injured body, not the perfect body. In this hatha yoga laced program, we welcome
all bodies, ages, and so on.
WHAT LINEAGES WILL I BE AB LE TO EXPLORE?
Modern day yoga: Iyengar, Ashtanga/Vinyasa, Sivananda, Yin Yoga, Kundalini, Traditional Yoga: Karma, Raja, Bhakti and Jnana. Additionally, you’ll have the foundations for Gentle, Prenatal, Mixed Levels, Workshops & “Special Interest” & more. We offer a unique process from a vast 45 years of experience. Trust in the process and you” receive just perfectly. Certified professionals dedicated to each will be part of your training faculty, bringing you authentic delivery and integrity to your curriculum
I DON’T KNOW IF I WANT TO TEACH – CAN I STILL ENROLL?
Many enter yoga trainings with no intention of teaching, for it is an opportunity to deepen and broaden your knowledge and experience yoga in a way you simply cannot do in regular classes. Do I physically need to be able to…. Forget that concern, this program is open to all. The yoga teacher training modules serve to educate health professionals, yoga instructors, yoga students or anyone with an interest in the wisdom of yoga. However, to become a registered teacher with the Yoga Alliance, a regular practice is required.
CREDIT FROM PRIOR SCHOOL ACCEPTABLE?
This is an entry level course as well as it’s very unique due to it’s direct lineage trainings of the lead instructor. Prior hours taken somewhere else will probably not be accepted.
“Sometime prior to my yoga teacher training with Sandy at Grounded by Yoga, I had tremendously high expectations. I know yoga teachers and through their advice concerning their own trainings, and my own research and practice, I knew this was the place to be. You have completely fulfilled my high hopes and I couldn’t be happier with the great deal of knowledge I acquired throughout this training. The width of topics covered including philosophy, anatomy, Sanskrit, asana, assisting, history, business, and much more, were so thoroughly and carefully taught that it actually amazes me how did you effectively be able to do all that to us?? What I came away with most is the wisdom and resources I need to continue to read, learn, and grow, into an experienced yoga teacher. I am extremely happy with this program and feel truly proud to be able to call myself a graduate of this fine school.” ~ Jennifer
“WOW where do I begin? Sandy, you really go above and beyond what I think is expected and it shows! Each one of us experienced a transformation and bond that is just amazing!!! LOVED all the workshops and guest teachers, please tell them how grateful I am to have been in their presence as well as yours and my fellow ‘kulas’! I will be moving out west soon, and what a feeling and joy to know have incredible vast of tools to use to create extraordinary class experiences for people. i can’t thank you enough….I just can’t.” ~ Mary
“Dear Sandy, my whole world is brighter, my life is clear, and I feel so complete for the first time in 38 years. I have enjoyed knowing you and the fact that you give mentorship for free indefinitely is a blessing and a generous gift. I may never need it, but the support you offer is a good feeling. Thank you for EVERYTHING, you deserve so much Sandy. Will miss this group and YOU!!!!” ~ Kathy
- 2500 sq foot space (plenty ample for NYS Mandates due to COVID-19) as well as another 1500 sq feet downstairs during our graduating weekend. Space was built in 2011 by owner for sole intention of a Yoga School.
- Equipment” is provided by Grounded by Yoga and includes: Blocks, Straps, Bolsters of 6 sizes, zafus, zabutons, walls.