200 RYT Yoga Teacher Training
“Teaching From the Heart S.P.I.R.I.T. Program™”
Join our School of the Multi-Dimensional Self us for our 15th Yoga Teacher Training!
Seeking an INFO SESSION? Click Here
Our S.P.I.R.I.T. program is designed to for your own inner quest or to share & teach to others.This is your opportunity to join a spiritual journey that will transform your life whether you decide to teach or simply to learn. A program designed on personal practice and inquiry, as it was meant to be. Your environment during the program is one that is closed to the public – you will be with the same colleagues along the way – this ensures an incredible, unbreakable bond with your spiritual group during te program and for life, as well as provides a safe, stable ground for our growth.
Grounded by Yoga has adapted our unique S.P.I.R.I.T. Program™ as follows:
Let Your Journey
Next session: November 2020. Small group fills quickly.
October 1 – November 10: (Book Read)
November 10 – December 10 (Flexible Online Sessions)
December 19, 20
February 5,6 and 27,28
March 6,7 and 20,21
April 3,4 and April 17,18 and April 23,24,25
- Fridays – 5:30 – 9:00pm. (only 2 will be required)
Saturdays – 11:30 – 8:00pm
Sundays – 11:00 – 7:30pm
Flexible personal one on one time with the Lead Instructor is required.
- Additional Hours: Our Final weekend extended time shall be required. Three of our weekends will require an extra 2-3 hours before or after for required & fun workshops.
- Notes from the Director: While early in registration, we can shift dates if you have a conflict. Must be agreed with all other registrants. I have personally been in small group trainings (6-10) and large ones (18+). The ability to learn productively, manifest spiritually and deeply bond arrives within a smaller group. Personalized care is key at Grounded by Yoga. Each student grows at their own pace, and this allows for individual attention as needed. I never felt ready to teach from the heart until I experienced a more intimate setting, so this is what we deliver.
- Above schedule does not include required flexible practice time, and homework assignments. Our program is fully approved by the Yoga Alliance and is equivalent to over 210 hours and are aligned with their NEW standards.
“Sometime prior to my yoga teacher training with Sandy at Grounded by Yoga, I had tremendously high expectations. I know yoga teachers and through their advice concerning their own trainings, and my own research and practice, I knew this was the place to be. You have completely fulfilled my high hopes and I couldn’t be happier with the great deal of knowledge I acquired throughout this training. The width of topics covered including philosophy, anatomy, Sanskrit, asana, assisting, history, business, and much more, were so thoroughly and carefully taught that it actually amazes me how did you effectively be able to do all that to us?? What I came away with most is the wisdom and resources I need to continue to read, learn, and grow, into an experienced yoga teacher. I am extremely happy with this program and feel truly proud to be able to call myself a graduate of this fine school.” ~ Jennifer
“WOW where do I begin? Sandy, you really go above and beyond what I think is expected and it shows! Each one of us experienced a transformation and bond that is just amazing!!! LOVED all the workshops and guest teachers, please tell them how grateful I am to have been in their presence as well as yours and my fellow ‘kulas’! I will be moving out west soon, and what a feeling and joy to know have incredible vast of tools to use to create extraordinary class experiences for people. i can’t thank you enough….I just can’t.” ~ Mary
“Dear Sandy, my whole world is brighter, my life is clear, and I feel so complete for the first time in 38 years. I have enjoyed knowing you and the fact that you give mentorship for free indefinitely is a blessing and a generous gift. I may never need it, but the support you offer is a good feeling. Thank you for EVERYTHING, you deserve so much Sandy. Will miss this group and YOU!!!! “~ Kathy
Below is a very general outline of our Yoga Teacher Training. (note: This is not inclusive. Our program includes many experiential components as well. Should you have any questions, please call 585-861-YOGA or sign up for one of our info sessions)
- Postures (modern yoga postures & traditional)
- Practice and Teaching postures
- Health Benefits
- Trauma Awareness / Techniques
- Interdisciplinary/ Direct lineage teachings so that we can truly meet students where they are and most importantly – yourSelf.
- Effective start and class endings
- Teaching Beginners, Gentle, Mixed Levels
- Teaching Adaptive Yoga (Teacher From The Heart)
- Proper Hands on Assists for deepening awareness
- Sequencing- How, When, Why
- Proper Environment & Creating a Sacred Space
- Workshop Process
- Trauma and Adaptive Yoga Your teacher is certified in these topics.
- Finding your personal style and teaching from the depths of your Heart
- Strong emphasis on the 4 paths of yoga
- Keeping spirituality alive inside and out
- Kriyas and Bandhas
- Yogic Anatomy (Gross & Subtle)
- Yoga History
- Conscious Language
- Private Yoga or Studio Management /Ownership (we will vote on our choice or do both!)
- Yoga Nutrition
- Yoga Philosophy
- Intro to Sanskrit Language
- Importance of Transcendence (Beyond Buddhism – Mindfulness)
- Experiences in Meditation
- Modern Day Lineage/Styles • Kundalini Yoga • Yin Yoga • Iyengar Yoga • Ashtanga/Vinyasa Style • Sivananda Yoga
- Prenatal Basics
- Yoga Dilution and its Prevention
- Disconnecting to Connect
- Business Ethics and Marketing Your Self or Your Yoga Business
- Teaching Online during a Pandemic!
- National Yoga Alliance
- Yoga on and off the Mat
- Teaching in the virtual format (thanks COVID!)
Quizzes are delivered to allow me to help in your growth and understanding. 80% required for teaching certificate.
Some of our faculty may include….
Sandy Hicks, RYS Interdisciplinary Yoga
Randhir, RYT Kundalini
Wendy Stoddard, CYT Kripalu, RYT, Open Sky, Yin Certified
Amita Bhagat, Certified Iyengar
Dr. Ted Barnett, Yogic Nutrition
Damodar Das, Bhakti Yoga
Sue Spencer, Dharana Yoga
A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course. Training to be a yoga teacher requires dedication and faith in the process of yoga. If you do not have a current practice, but are simply interested in deepening your knowledge, you may apply as well and will receive a special certificate. For teaching certification, you must posses a regular practice before and during the program. (GBY will offer discounted passes if desired). The practice and teaching of yoga demand a high degree of self-discipline and purity. Let’s remember, hatha yoga was created for the injured body, not the perfect body. In this hatha yoga laced program, we welcome all bodies, ages, and so on.
WHAT LINEAGES WILL I BE AB LE TO EXPLORE?
Modern day yoga: Iyengar, Ashtanga/Vinyasa, Sivananda, Yin Yoga, Kundalini, Traditional Yoga: Karma, Raja, Bhakti and Jnanu. Additionally, you’ll have the foundations for Gentle, Prenatal, Mixed Levels, Workshops & “Special Interest” & more. We offer a unique process from a vast 45 years of experience. Trust in the process and you” receive just perfectly. Certified professionals dedicated to each will be part of your training faculty, bringing you authentic delivery and integrity to your curriculum
I DON’T KNOW IF I WANT TO TEACH – CAN I STILL ENROLL?
We’ll figure it out together. Many enter yoga trainings with no intention of teaching, for it is an opportunity to deepen and broaden your knowledge and experience yoga in a way you simply cannot do in regular classes. Do I physically need to be able to…. Forget that concern, this program is open to all. The yoga teacher training modules serve to educate health professionals, yoga instructors, yoga students or anyone with an interest in the wisdom of yoga. However, to become a registered teacher with the Yoga Alliance, a regular practice is required. You can decide later, the answer will come to you when it’s ready.
|Tuition||If paid in full by:|
|$3175||July 25th, 2020|
|$3275||Aug 25th, 2020|
until Sept 15th, 2020 and $3475 after Sept 15th or if opting for payment plan.
NOTE: As of June 12th – $900 Scholarship is available on a first come first served basis to those with low income or COVID-19 related job loss.
- Payment Plans: At full tuition price of $3475 plus monthly statement fee $10. 50% of tuition must be paid by September 30th, 2020. At the time of application, $500 deposit and $95 application fee required. If by chance is application is not approved, your $500 deposit will be refunded. Feel free to call if you have any pre-application concerns! If you need softer payment plans, just ask.
- Terms of Agreement/Refund Policy must be reviewed and agreed upon.
- Student additional costs: Some books (approx $175), Workshops (approx $25-$30 total), Continuation of your regular practice (GBY will offer discounted memberships is desired) Yoga Alliance certificate ($45, if desired and is payable 6 weeks prior to graduation).
- Seeking to compliment a previous training you may have had or qualify for a partial scholarship? Please contact us for details. One each will be distributed and based on a first come first serve approval basis.
- All applications will be responded to within 24-48 hours of required items submitted. Thank you trusting your new beginnings with us, we look forward to guiding you.
- This training is limited to a small group of students. This enables personal guidance, a warm welcoming experience and no one getting lost in the shuffle
- You may submit online or email us for a printable one to mail through post office.
- Refund Policy Timely refunds have a $450 admin fee. No refunds within 60 days of program start or 30 days after Application & Deposit.
- Receive 10% off tuitions for the next 2 years from graduation date on any Yoga Alliance program we offer.
- Receive updates (protocols, laws etc) as long as you are Yoga Alliance member and signed up for their newsletter.
- If you are a teacher at GBY, receive mentor-ship in any way and especially with therapeutic concern
- Yoga Alliance Registration for up to 11 months after graduation. After 11 months – a written test is required ($75)
CPR and first aid training hours cannot be counted toward satisfying the minimum YTT curriculum hours or Continuing Education Contact Hours. Yoga Alliance suggests CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and first aid training for all RYT’s