Small towns, small classes...
- Our small towns and our small business lends itself to social distancing!
- GBY has implemented all N.Y.S mandates as well as recommendations from the Yoga Alliance, and then some!
- (We will advise when these protocols are lifted).
- Plan to wear a mask to enter either building., walk the halls, use the restrooms, and anytime you are NOT on your mat.
- It is important that you do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your class so that the previous session/class has had time to exit and cleaning time. Last class of the day , no props spray needed.
- Please do not attend any class at GBY (indoors or outdoors) if you have COVID-19, feeling ill in general. Use the CDC “self checker” to screen for COVID-19 symptoms. Click Here. You will be asked to attest to the aforementioned before entering each class.
- Some classes may end 5 minutes early for cleaning.
- All common touch areas shall be disinfected after each class.
- Assists will be verbal.
- Certain pranayama practices shall be omitted (Kapalabhati, Bhakstrika, Prana Ananda).
- COVID-19 can be spread by droplets from sneezing, coughing and talking in close knit (3 feet) settings. Please react wisely (sneeze, cough into your elbow area, wash hands, use sanitizer, keep voices low, etc)
- Charges are only allowed right now for purchases over $50. unless its specifically states pre-registration such as our 2.15 hour Restorative Sessions.
- GBY shall review and update their standards as needed if notified to do so.
- Early on, there was wonder if this virus can travel through heating and air conditioning systems and still be ‘viable’. Is this True? According to John Hopkins, University & Medicine there have been no cases of this happening. (GBY uses Merv 13 filters approved by the NAFA & NYS)
- What does science say about COVID-19? (seek facts . Stay educated.)
- CDC indicates rare risk with fabric and porous surfaces.
- We are NOT a fitness center or fitness practice. In 2015 we “won a case” about this with the Attorney General. No huffing, puffing, sweating, hot yoga, “fast yoga”, power yoga, infusion yoga, Pilates yoga, etc. We are a traditional Hatha, Jnana and Raja Yoga meditation space focusing on mental well-being, de-stressing and activating the parasympathetic system not the sympathetic system. Open the body – keep it healthy – Relax, Restore, Refresh,
- Questions? We are wanting you to reach out. 585-861-YOGA or email email@example.com.