Grounded by Yoga is very happy to welcome you back to our studio spaces. We started with a soft opening a while back and now our calendar will be fully running. We have created a comprehensive plan for operating and practicing safely. Here are the highlights (not inclusive).
Small towns, small classes...
Our small towns and our small business lends itself to social distancing! GBY has implemented all N.Y.S mandates as well as recommendations from the Yoga Alliance, and then some!
(We will advise when these protocols are lifted).
- Class size shall be limited in order to adhere to a minimum of 6ft social distancing. (see below under “Memberships & Classes”)
- Plan to wear a mask to enter either building. The owner of the building will determine whether masks are necessary by posting a sign.
- Once inside, hang up your personal items, sign in and place your mat in the studio. If you need to pay, please see the teacher once you have done this. Canandaigua students shall place shoes neatly in the hallway against the wall.
- It is important that you do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your class so that the previous session/class has had time to exit and cleaning time.
- GBY has purchased special disinfectant spray specially for our props. Please use this spray on any props used before putting them away.
- Once class has ended, please utilize the cleaning supplies and exit promptly. Your teacher will begin cleaning so that the next class/teacher can set up. If you need to speak with the teacher – please set up a private session/consult for another time.
- All common touch areas shall be disinfected after each class.
- As always, we will have soap in our restrooms for you to use and have hand sanitizer in the studio, waiting room and outside our door.
- Assists will be verbal. It’s our joy and our job to guide you in your practice.
- As you exit, please remain socially distanced. We cannot police this and know you’ll be a good yogi! (The CDC requires masks to be worn where 6ft social distancing cannot be maintained).
- Please do not attend any class at GBY (indoors or outdoors) if you have COVID-19, feeling ill in general, have unexplained shortness of breath, body aches, fever, traveled to one of the high risk states, loss of smell suddenly or been with a person or persons who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 21 days.
- Should there ever be an issue, GBY has strict contact tracing in place!
- Certain pranayama practices shall be omitted (Kapalabhati, Bhakstrika, Prana Ananda).
- COVID-19 can be spread by droplets from sneezing, coughing and talking in close knit (6 feet) settings. Please react wisely.
Our Classes & Memberships
All membership guidelines still apply with the addition of the following (please understand the following is temporary):
- Bloomfield space is rather large and at this time pre-registering is not required. Canandaigua is limited to 11 students in order to maintain social distancing. The two classes regularly meeting this number ALSO have a Home Comfort program so we can accommodate all. We will not make any exceptions regarding social distancing.
- You may pre-register through our booking software (computer or app) or email by 7pm and await for your confirmation.
- Once you are registered, you will be charged a class from your package. (Unlimited Passes will be charged $6 for no shows with credit card on file). Applies to ALL classes: Online and in Person.
- Very important that you do not create a duplicate account. If you have been here before, you have an account.
- When making a purchase at the studio, one person at the desk at a time.
- Thursday 7:45am Yoga Moderate-Seasoned remains as Home Comfort program until further notice.
- Canandaigua’s Wednesday 8am and Saturday 7:45am will be BOTH in person & Home Comfort until further notice. Your Zoom code is in the description within the Booking Calendar.
- Some of our classes will return September due to the summer season – but if you see something you would like to see placed on the calendar – please let us know!
- If you are not subscribed to our Newsletter, we highly recommend it so you receive any updates
- The above are not inclusive to every single safety protocol we have implemented.
- GBY shall review and update their standards as needed if notified to do so by government and/or Yoga Alliance.
- Use the CDC “self checker” to screen for COVID-19 symptoms. Click Here.
- Early on, there was wonder if this virus can travel through heating and air conditioning systems and still be ‘viable’. Is this True? According to John Hopkins, University & Medicine there have been no cases of this happening. (GBY uses Merv 13 filters approved by the NAFA & NYS)
- What does science say about COVID-19? (seek facts . Stay educated.)
- What does Yoga say about COVID-19? Join our next yoga philosophy workshop!
- Ontario County has had very low incidents of COVID-19. For a website that explains in detail (location, etc) please CLICK HERE and review. They provide details of where, how and when . All very comforting to know how well they communicate this information.
- Hospitalizations/mortalities are what to keep an eye on. Our Governor is certainly doing that as well as GBY. Should Ontario County show concerning signs, GBY will take necessary action with or without request from local/state Executives. We care.
- Questions? We are wanting you to reach out. 585-861-YOGA or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 48 hours for a response during the summer.